So as I've spent the majority of my summer working and having little side trips to the beach and whatnot, I have been thinking about how much I wish I had something to look forward to, other than the start of school in about a month.
Last year at this time, I was most likely sitting poolside in France, soaking up the sun and basically just loving life. After having spent one full week in France's second largest city- Lyon (located in central France) I trekked down about two hours south to the area where I stayed on my exchange a few years back! Pure French countryside. Magnifique.
No other way to describe my time spent in France- just plain chill. Seeing old, familiar faces, meeting new ones. I can still remember many moments in vivid detail; sunsets by the banks of Lyon's rivers, swimming for hours in the Retournac pool... trying to capture every scene in my mind, like an internal photograph. The weather was nothing but gorgeous during my whole time spent there (it POURED the day I left), and I basically didn't have to worry about a thing. It was a really great way to spend the few weeks before heading to uni.
Basically, I wish I had a fun vacation to look forward to at the end of this summer =(
Hey this seems exciting, i can't wait to go on this trip with you.
ReplyDelete